LEADERS DO THE RIGHT THINGS.
In coaching, observing, meeting, talking with leaders from around the globe, there are those who do and there are those who don’t.
What do I mean when I say that?
Below is a short list to give you some insight. The list could well have been a great deal longer and is longer but should serve as a healthy reminder (give yourself a personal score!)
Are you a leader doing the right things or a leader doing the wrong things?
Leaders doing the right things:
- serve others / give
- hire smarter, more capable people to do a specific job
- consistently show up no matter if it’s to meet the King or to meet the janitor. They always put the person first not their title.
- Have clear vision
- Don’t play games
- Treat people with dignity, respect
- Don’t tolerate fools
- Have rules (non-negotiable) and are ruthless with those who commit crime or abuse to others
- Encourage / help / grow people
- Communicate consistently
- Leaders doing the wrong things:
- Serve only themself
- Treat people like shit
- Talk down to people and smother any ounce of creativity
- It’s there way or the highway mentality
- Spin around with no clarity of direction
- Surround themself with ‘yes’ people
- Play favourites
- Play games that only serve themself and their own agenda / ego
- Talk over people
- Hide and don’t stand up for themself or others (throw others under the bus)
- Enjoy the art of learning and keep sharing your wisdom with others. The world needs you and we will all be better of for it
nickroud.com | global award winning leadership coach |